Thursday, July 8, 2010

Boobs of Steel

A friend of mine recently revealed to me that she is, in fact, a total badass. Not in a black-belt or lunch-money-stealing sort of way. Just in a way that if something is on her mind, she’s going to get to the bottom of it. It’s just hilariously heartwarming to me, so I’ll try to explain: she’s this sweet, tiny-voiced, soft-spoken, highly-intelligent person with a great job and a great guy, but you better not rock her boat. Your subtle comments and actions are not subtle at all. So be warned!

I’m fairly certain that reading in between the lines is a second language to her, or a passionate hobby, or both. But women, by admission or not, are all like that. I know I’m guilty too. I try to act like little things don’t bother me. Comments, looks, “vibes”, whatever does it all mean?? Well, I don’t know. But I'll give it my best guess based on assumption and analysis and polling my friends, and then I’ll get back to you.

Is any of this making any sense? WE ARE WOMEN. WE ARE PRINCESSES BUILDING OUR CASTLES AND IF YOU STEAL OUR BRICKS, GOD HELP YOU.

Back to my friend: of all my over-analytical sistren, she is the true master. The silent, sweet swan wielding talons of destruction for anyone who threatens her nest!

So listen up guys and other gals who aren’t pals, we’ll do our best to pick our battles carefully and “let it roll off our backs”….but we are not ducks! We are chicks. Which means we are cute, and we analyze. C'apish?

I do love ya babe. You have Boobs of Steel.

No comments:

Post a Comment